UX Engineer – Trust Company of America
Feb 2016 Present | Centennial, CO
- Working as sole UX Engineer responsible for re-designing existing web app and creating new features with optimal user interfaces and experiences.
- Working with multiple business teams to conduct wireframing, sketching, and whiteboarding sessions, creating user flows, process flows, and site maps to build culture of world-class user experience.
- Conducting user, A/B, and other testing methods throughout design process to ensure top-quality iterative design.
- Analyzing objective data to identify and rectify pain points and areas of opportunity within application.
Owner / Web Developer – 5280 Creative Studios
1998 Present | Littleton, CO
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL WORK
- Designed and developed in-depth informational website for Lone Star Fire Specialties (Bastrop, TX) to advertise newly-invented mobile fire pump technology to industry and non-industry investors.
- Used WordPress to quickly setup optimized website for SuperTutorTV.com.
- Worked with a wide variety of other clients to understand needs and develop scaled-to-fit web solutions.
Senior Sign Developer & Team Lead – Holland Square Group / Four Winds Interactive
Dec 2013 Jan 2016 | Denver, CO
- Worked as project manager to take clients from initial concept to completed, implemented creative design.
- Performed numerous design review sessions with clients, with goal of refining proposed design to meet clients expectations and priorities.
- Used Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to create UI/UX interfaces to create compelling interactive and non-interactive signage layouts.
- Worked with internal and external stakeholders to uphold clients strategic planning initiatives.
- Traveled on-site to clients to oversee and manage digital signage hardware implementation and networks setup.
- Worked as project manager on multiple projects to ensure all clients received deliverables in a timely manner.
- Used proprietary Content Management System, XML, SQL, HTML, CSS and other technologies to design, develop, and implement digital signage networks and content for world-class clients.
Software Engineer – Nordstrom
May 2013 Dec 2013 | Centennial, CO
- Developed and maintained PHP and MySQL based internal communications system encompassing department home pages, message boards and Wikis, leading to a proven cost savings of more than $700,000 in call center productivity annually.
- Designed, coded and maintained PHP and MySQL intensive business tools to track topics discussed during each of the six million calls handled by customer service representatives annually, resulting in vastly improved Business Intelligence and directly influencing a wide variety of policies and procedures.
Career Development Program – Nordstrom
Jan 2013 May 2013 | Centennial, CO
- Served as Scrum Master of an Agile development team working to provide business solutions to Nordstroms credit division.
- Presented business case to senior management for restructuring of outdated internal communications systems, leading to a vastly more secure and efficient systems.
Learning Design Developer – Nordstrom
Jul 2012 Jan 2013 | Centennial, CO
- Used HTML5, CSS3 and other modern coding languages and techniques to enhance and maintain companys internal websites.
- Designed and developed PHP-based replacement for companys internal procedural manual, leading to substantially lowered call times and improved customer service for Nordstroms credit division call center employees.
- Developed interactive training modules and mock systems using HTML5 and Adobe Creative Suite.
Corporate Trainer – Nordstrom
Aug 2011 Jul 2012 | Centennial, CO
Lead Customer Service Representative – Nordstrom
Apr 2009 Aug 2011 | Centennial, CO and Santa Ana, CA
Creator, Developer, and Content Producer – BroncosInsider.com
Jul 2008 Nov 2010 | Denver, CO
- Created, developed and maintained enterprising Denver Broncos-dedicated website
- Grew substantial online readership with limited marketing budget
New Media and Production Intern – The Denver Broncos Football Club
Jul 2004 Jan 2005 | Centennial, CO
- Lead teams initial research into social networking, resulting in team becoming a leader in the leagues initial social-networking push.
- Maintained various sections of teams site using proprietary content management system (CMS)
- Wrote articles and shot video for NFL.com, Gameday program, DenverBroncos.com.
Founder & Project Leader – #LetsFixBoarding
Dec 2017 Present | Worldwide
I’m currently leading a worldwide team of 50+ UX students and professionals in finding a better boarding solution for airlines and travelers. Using a 3-week design sprint process, we are studying how the roles of overhead bins, carry-on luggage, priority boarding, and the order of seat and row boarding plays into the speed and customer satisfaction of the boarding process.
You can read more about the project at http://www.letsfixboarding.com.